Sunday, October 23, 2011

Deer Hunt

Over the weekend Landon and Tanner went deer hunting. The left early Friday morning so that they could get up the mountain and set up camp before dark. That afternoon after they had set up camp Tanner went exploring a little bit, he came back to camp and told Landon he had seen a deer Landon asked him how big it's antlers were and he said "we'll I'm not sure I didn't have a tape measure with me"-LOL. Then he called me that night and told me about it. I also asked him how big it was and he said "oh, about three-fourths the size of the horse"- :) He is such a literal mathematical thinking child.
The next morning they got lucky and had a three-point down by about 10:00 needless to say with the antics of the horses and of Clem, the mule, it took them until about 4:00 to get back down the mountain. Landon said when he shot the deer that Tanner said "so Dad are you going to keep that one?"-yeah obvioulsy he goes fishing more than he goes hunting!

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Oh my goodness! This post had me laughing so hard. The tape measure and are you going to keep that one comments are just too funny. Glad he got one.