Sunday, January 16, 2011

a BIG OUCH

Chloe and her friend were out playing in the garage. I had been out there once and told them not to get stuff down off the top shelves just to leave it alone and play with something else. I was back in the house and I heard a big crash and Chloe crying. I went running out there and saw the ice auger laying on the ground-Oh no! I went over to Chloe and started inspecting her at first I didn't see anything wrong. Then the blood started dripping from her head.

Here is the gash-not the best picture since it is from my phone. Apparently the ice auger had fallen from the top shelf as they were trying to get stuff and hit her on the head. I can't believe it didn't knock her out. In fact she was running away from me hysterically as I was trying to get her to the car to go to the doctor-I was telling her stop right now before you pass out.

Look at the color of her hair it looked like it was dyed pink and not fun to try and wash out.

The verdict she has six staples in the top of her head and they will be in for about a week. Poor girl she was so worn out after the whole ordeal.
Well that's three scars on her head and face now and she's only six. I'm thinking of putting her in a bubble for a few years to keep her safe.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness - scary! I can't believe that thing didn't knock her out cold! Give her a big hug from all of us (and tell her she just made the first entry into the mishaps section this year)!

mandy85 said...

Poor little chloe that looks scary..

Taryn said...

Oh wow! That's so scary. I'm glad she's okay. That poor little girl.