Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cell Phone Trouble

Well we got Tanner a cell phone a few months ago. He needs one every once in awhile to be able to call us and stuff. He doens't take it anywhere with him, it mostly just stays home. Well today I got the bill and Tanner's part of it was over $200. I was like what in the heck!!!!!!!!! Come to find out he had been playing games on his phone, and these games were costing us money. He was actually downloading them each time he played them and each time he did this it was $3-$5. He thought they were just games that were on his phone to play. So we had to go into Verizon and explain the situation. Luckily we had a very nice lady helping us who actually took off all of the charges for the games. Thank Heavens because I don't know where I or should I say Tanner would have come up with that money. She also blocked his internet access, which was supposed to be done when we got the phone, so even if he tried now there would be no more playing games. We had a long talk with him, and I think he was really sorry for the trouble he had caused.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tanner,
You're not the only one to make a mistake with the cell phone. I down loaded lots of ringtones for Grandpa, well they were free when I did mine, but we changed our plan clear back in March and I didn't know that it wasn't free any more. Oh Boy, What a bill.

Taryn said...

Wow! I was mad when we got charged $2 for Dustin getting on the internet on our phone. That's good that they took off the charges.

mandy85 said...

thats crazy but I am sure that he had no idea that it would cost money. I am glad you were lucky and got someone who must understand because most of the time they say there is nothing they can do.

Stephanie said...

Tia!! I came across your blog through Jamie's. It has been forever!! Clear back to the Budget....haha. I would love to add you to our blog's readers because it is private. I need your email address to add you, so send me a quick email to stephaniemonsen@yahoo.com and I will reply with the invite. You are such a cute little mommy!! I can't believe you have two kids. I am so glad that I ran across you!!!