Sunday, October 4, 2020

Knee Surgery

After hurting my knee early on in the summer, and then waiting for 6 weeks, due to doctors recommendation to see if it got doing better, then waiting for a MRI, which took longer because of COVID, I finally went in on Sept 1 for knee surgery on my meniscus. I had a pretty bad lateral tear in it, surgery went pretty well. The tear was right on the edge of them needing to put a couple of screws in it, but the doctor opted not too, hoping it would be fine without and also saving me from having to be non weight bearing for 6-8 weeks. The first day after surgery was pretty rough-apparently I don't handle anesthesia well and I was so sick for the first 24 hours I couldn't keep anything down and even ended up passing out when I got up in the night to use the restroom, it was pretty scary, but I finally started to feel a little bit better. 



I was shown much love by family, friends, coworkers, and students who dropped off little treats or brought me dinner. 





Now to let the healing process begin and hopefully get back to a more normal and pain free life. 

Good thing I have my Doodle to give me lots of snuggles and keep me company while I'm down a little bit.






Knee Update-this picture was taken about 3 weeks after surgery. I wish I would have gotten one right after. I am healing slowly, but I am healing. I started physical therapy and hope that helps things continue to progress.

No comments: