Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Mothers Day Smiles amidst the tears

I can't say that I was super excited for Mother's Day this year. In fact I was so upset that I told Landon not to have the kids get me anything. I cried a lot the few days beforehand and just was so frustrated and fed up with my kids I didn't want them pretending that everything was all fine and good on Mothers Day.

The problem was mainly that Chloe was having super bad and grumpy teenage attitude I just couldn't deal with her negative attitude anymore. She was struggling with some things. She told me she didn't want to play basketball anymore. I was in tears not just because of that but because of everything going on. (We believe a lot of her issues at this time were concussion related). It was all really hard on me. Bryce was having some of his rare but completely out of control moments I'm sure it was just to do with his sensory issues and OCD he was too the point of no reasoning and I was at my breaking point with him-I usually don't get that way, but I was more mad and more frustrated than I have ever been with him in my life-and I yelled hard and loud-which only made things worse. Landon said he was taking the kids to Target and I knew the only reason for this would be to get me a Mother's Day card as he avoids Target like the plague. I told him "do not have them get me a card I don't even want it". When he got home he said I promise what they got you is fitting and you will like it. I wasn't too sure.
But you know. I had time to cool off and reflect. It wasn't all bad. I just had a couple of bad days and a few really bad hours, but the kids were having a hard time to it just happened to fall on Mothers Day.

A few days before Mother's Day Chloe and I went and got pedicures. Just the two of us. It was nice. I told her that could be my Mother's Day gift. 
The Saturday before Mother's Day Tanner took the whole family to breakfast once again it was really nice and super thoughtful of him-that was his Mother's Day present to me. He also got up and came to church with us on Sunday (Mothers Day). Usually he doesn't so that was also super thoughtful of him, because it was something he knew I would appreciate.
Sunday Landon got up and had the kids help make breakfast in bed for me. He also cleaned the whole kitchen and made dinner after church. 
Bryce actually sat by me on the couch and snuggled for a little bit and even took a picture with me where he was smiling-that never happens-especially the snuggling.


Landon had the kids give me the card they bought and it was actually very fitting and made me laugh.
I really didn't want to celebrate Mothers Day, but honestly there is nothing I love more than being a Mother to my three kids and I love them more than anything even when they are at their most trying moments.


No comments: