Friday, March 3, 2017

The Baseball Decision

I have been trying to write this post for a few months now, but just couldn't seem to put into words what I wanted to express. I guess knowing that baseball tryouts happened this week helped me to bite the bullet and write it. Here is goes-
TANNER IS NOT PLAYING BASEBALL THIS YEAR.

It is hard for people to comprehend. They ask if he's playing just expecting the automatic yes, and when I tell them he decided no to they don't know what to say. Here's the thing Landon and I have always have had the theory that if ever our kids decide they don't want to do something anymore (like baseball, swim team, gym, karate) even if they are good at it we are not going to force them. We are going to let it ultimately be their decision. Tanner told us a few months ago he wasn't going to play baseball this year. I can't say either of us was super shocked we knew he had been debating it for awhile. We asked if he was sure that's what he really wanted and then got behind him in the decision. The thing is I just don't think his heart was in it anymore. He has been playing since he was 7 years old and I think maybe he was just ready to move on and focus on other things. I would be lying if I said I wasn't going to miss it at all-I think maybe just a little bit, but it isn't like some of the other decisions my kids have made that have made me shed a few tears. Honestly it's almost a little bit of a relief I can't explain it, it just is.
Here is a look back on this journey...

2007-little league-the beginning 

2008-little league-another year


2009-little league
2010-little league
2011-little league and the beginning of comp ball (Rebels and then later Gators)

2012-little league year one with the Mariners
2013-little league another year with the Mariners and a championship win for the Gators




2014-little league and all stars also started playing with Dixie
2015-freshmen year (sophomore team)
2016-sophomore year (sophomore team)
It has been fun and we will always remember the memories that were made. Love you Buddy

No comments: