Sunday, March 19, 2017

Spring Break in Arizona Day 1

It has been awhile since, maybe 2 years, since we have been down to Arizona to see my Mom. A couple of weeks ago I started thinking about it and decided Spring Break would be the perfect opportunity for the kids and I to go and visit. Landon and Tanner both had to work, so it would be just Chloe, Bryce and I. I was a little bit worried about the 7 hour drive and also the big city traffic, but I decided to give it a whirl and go for it. The kids were both so excited to go, in fact they got up early Saturday morning and kept hurrying me up to get out the door and on the road-which is probably why I forgot a few of my necessities-LOL.
We decided to take a little break about halfway there for some lunch and a little sight seeing along the old Route 66. We found a really fun old Café-Mr. Deez and also a cool train to explore. The kids had lots of fun and the food was good. Bryce even ate all of his-since he ordered pancakes and that is one of the top things on the list of foods he will actually eat. I actually got kind of sick just after getting back on the road-dang IBS-I have to be super careful when eating out cause I never know what might affect me. Luckily though I was able to control it without to much problem and only a couple of extra stops.











4 hours later we finally made it to Arizona and Grandma's house. We went and grabbed some food and had a nice picnic in the park just across the street from her house, and then it was time for bed-we were all pretty tired from our adventures thus far.


No comments: