Saturday, March 4, 2017

Smashed Finger

The other morning we were rushing to get out the door and get everyone to school and work on time. Bryce is at an independent stage so he really likes to do things on his own, which includes opening and shutting his own car door. Well he was getting in and I heard the door shut and then heard him screaming I jumped out and he was standing there with his finger shut in his door, he hadn't been able to pull it all the way open and it had shut on his middle finger. I quickly opened the door and looked at his finger. Honestly, I didn't know if I should take him to the ER, or maybe wait a bit until the Insta-Care opened and take him there. I eventually ended up deciding to give him some ibuprofen and put a band-aid on it and hope for the best. I told his teacher and babysitter so if it continued to hurt him they could call me. By that evening he seemed to be doing much better, and was happy to show it off (ignore the obscene gesture-lol-he doesn't know any better, but brother and sister sure thought it was funny). It seems to have healed up without any problems although he still insists on wearing a band-aid on it everyday.
This made me recall this sort of thing happening to Tanner at this age only that time his finger was actually cut off and a trip in the ambulance occurred. I am so glad that wasn't the case with Bryce. #BryceEE #countyourblessings

1 comment:

Unknown said...

o... where you smashed that finger young man?
Quality Shop Store