Monday, November 17, 2014

Sock Monster

You hear the joke all the time-Is the washer eating your socks? Do you have a monster in there---so it seems in our case that there really was one.
Here is the story: Bryce never had any socks. I would do laundry all of the time and come up with a few pairs, but I was constantly every day trying to find him a pair of socks. I purchased new ones quite often, and several times resorted to having him just wear two mismatched socks. I was frustrated and could not figure out what was going on. Then one day I saw a sock sticking out of the seal on our washing machine as I pushed it back to pull it out I realized there was another. I began to pull one right after the other out. Until I had a pile of like 15 socks. They were slimy...they were gross...who knows how long they had been living in there. So they all went right to the garbage. Needless to say we found our sock monster-the washer really was eating the socks--and now we check the seal after every batch!

No comments: