Sunday, October 26, 2014

Bottling and Red and Blues

My Grandma and I usually do a little bit of bottling each year. This year tomatoes were hard to come by...all of ours died and this seemed to be the case with a lot of people who usually have extras that they give us. In fact everything in our garden died except our jalapeno plant-which produced and is in fact still producing like crazy. (we did find out that a pipe leading to the garden was broken so it likely wasn't getting the water it needed to survive)
So when life gives you lemons...make jalapeno jelly. We have never made it before but since we had an excess of jalapeno's on hand we decided to try it. It turned out pretty good and tastes great for a snack on crackers with cream cheese.
We also ended up getting some tomatoes 2 different times and were able to make a couple batches of salsa. A staple around our house.
One day while making the salsa-we realized that we needed a few more peppers than what we had planned. We jumped in my car for a quick trip to Wal-Mart. On the way I was cruising along and of course we passed a cop who quickly pulled out, he was parked on the side of the road, and began following me with his lights going-UGH!!! I pulled over and he came up to get my license and registration. I guess I was speeding a little bit 41 in a 30 zone, but seriously who knew?! My Grandma even told me she never goes 30 on that road but that now she will be more careful. Luckily the cop went easy on me and just gave me a warning. Maybe he thought I couldn't be to bad of a person if I was hanging out with my Grandma right ;).

No comments: