Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter

We celebrated Easter on Saturday this year. Growing up that's what Landon's family always did so a lot of times that's what we ended up doing. The kids were super excited for the scavenger hunt to find their Easter baskets. We usually just hide them but this year they had clues to follow to find them-it will definitely be a new tradition. They had fun doing it this way. Chloe got some chalk, a new, book, some clothes for her doll, and of a chocolate Reese's bunny. Tanner got a basketball hoop for the back of his door, some Nike sandals and socks, and a Reese's bunny as well. Bryce got some books and toys. I never thought I'd see the day when Tanner was so into clothes and how he looked. He couldn't have been happier and immediately put on his new attire. 
 Saturday afternoon we went over to my Dad and Kathy's house for a little get together. It was nice because all of my sisters were able to come and the kids always love seeing their cousins. We had a big Easter egg hunt and a BBQ. Chloe found the golden ticket, or I guess Tanner did but he gave it to her, it said it was  "good for a camping trip with Grandpa and Grandma." She was pretty excited about it. 
 Sunday we had Easter Dinner at my Grandma Marshall's. Two of my sisters and my cousin Audria along with their families came. As you can see from the top photo Choe's little cousin Audria loves her to pieces. We started with another Easter Egg hunt. The kids each had to find a special egg with a golden dollar inside. We had yummy barbecue with Grandma's famous potato salad. I made a pineapple upside down cake and Gram made a bunny cake. I asked Landon if the bunny brought back memories as that is the cake he would get for his birthday most every year when he was growing up. 

No comments: