Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Sad Sad Day


Today was a very sad day at our house. The kids both cried a lot today, and I would be lying if I didn't admit that I myself shed some tears. You see today we had to give our dog Licorice up for adoption. She has been a part of our family for the last 4 years. It was hard on all of us, but it was even harder watching the kids go through this and see how much it affected them. We had many reasons for doing this and in the end we know it was what needed to be done, but it didn't make it any easier. We hope and have been praying as well that she can find the right family for her, a place where she can have the attention and space she needs, so that she does not feel so anxious, crowded, and possessive of her space and belongings. We love her and will always remember her.
I took some pictures of her with the kids before my dad came to take her away. That way they can always have something to remember her by.

No comments: