Sunday, July 29, 2018

June Book Recap

I am so far behind on my blog. I have decided to get my monthly book recaps and goal reviews on here before I forget and the hopefully be able to catch up on the other stuff. Me getting behind is a combination of busy life schedule, and a phone that isn't working to download my pictures, which makes it hard to do my blog. Anyways here is my Book Recap from June-just in time since July will be over in a couple of days.

What I read....





My favorite book this month was 'Before We Were Yours'-although it is based off of horrible real life events it was well written and left me wanting to learn more about the real stories behind this book.
I also liked 'A Dog's Way Home'-I love all of the "dog stories" by W. Bruce Cameron. I also liked "A Man Called Ove"-it was filled with a lot of humor, but also had a great story along with it.

I didn't like "The Boy in the Suitcase"-it's one of those rare books that I almost didn't finish reading. I just didn't like it. I also didn't love "The Mastery of Love"-not that it doesn't have some good stuff in it, it just didn't flow well, it felt repetitive, and it took me three months to finish because I couldn't really get into it. 


No comments: