Sunday, February 26, 2017

Valentines

Chloe was kind of sad this year that she couldn't hand out Valentines to her classmates or make a fun Valentines box. Sometimes getting older is sad. She said she would rather hand out Valentines and have a class party than the dance her grade had instead. LOL I bet she won't feel that way much longer.

Bryce made up for it being in preschool and daycare both.
We gave sharpies to his teachers with a tag that said "you color my world".
His classmate got paw patrol Valentines that were attached to flipz pretzels (one of his favorite treats).
For the kids at his daycare he gave out hot wheels.
He was excited to get home afterwards and look at all the cards he received.

For Valentines Landon and I usually just exchange cards and then go to dinner somewhere. This year I made Landon a book instead of a card. It had the reasons I love you from A-Z inside. I think he kind of liked it :)
We went out to dinner at Red Lobster, there was a little bit of a wait, but we went kind of early so it wasn't horrible.
I had a peach lemonade with my meal and it was delicious.
 The food was good too, and I was glad for leftovers to take for lunch the next day.
 On the way home Landon stopped off to pick up the chocolate covered strawberries he had ordered for me. This is one of my favorite treats and traditions. He usually gets them for me every year. I'm pretty good about sharing a few with everyone.
We had a fun day together. I love Landon and my kids more than anything. I hope I show it everyday, but I'm glad Valentines gives me the opportunity to maybe show it just a little bit more.

No comments: