Friday, May 6, 2016

Rainy Day Soccer Game

It always makes me laugh when people ask me if I think they will cancel a game because of rain, or wind. Seriously we have sat through the worst and coldest win and rain, and even snow, and only on a handful of occasions have they ever canceled. The two main reasons they will cancel are lightning and if the field conditions become unsafe. Even with lightning they usually don't cancel, but will have a delay and then start again when it is safe.
I think it is hardest on the parents and fans to sit through games with bad weather cause at least the kids are running around and usually still having fun despite the weather conditions.
A few Saturdays ago we sat through a cold and rainy soccer game, which ended in a another tie. BOO! I hate ties...I wish they would just do a shoot off or something rather than end in a tie.




Whenever she has played in a cold or rainy game Chloe's first words when she gets in the car are always "can we go get hot chocolate". LOL usually we readily agree, since I could usually use one too.

No comments: