Sunday, April 24, 2016

Quilt #5 & #6

Here is Quilt #5. I really don't think at this point I will reach 52 this year, but it will be interesting to see how many I end up making so I will keep the count going. I really love how this quilt turned out as I was sewing it I wasn't sure if I would or not. It is a rag quilt, but instead of doing the normal squares it is made of long strips. I saw the idea and pattern on Pinterest of Course. I already have the fabric to make several more this style, now if I can just find the time ;)


Quilt #6 -sadly there is no picture of. I really can't believe it! It was just a super crazy busy couple of weeks. The quilt was for Chloe's teacher for Teacher Appreciation Week. It was a Jean/Levi Quilt. I had each of the students in her class write on levi square a note for their teacher. Then I sewed them all together and added a golf themed back (Golf is one of his Favorite Things). It turned out great. Chloe said when she gave it to her teacher, he almost started crying. He is an older man, and will be retiring after this year. I really wish I had a picture, but I guess words will have to do in this case.
#52Quilts

No comments: