Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Camping

We went camping with my family over the weekend to Otter Creek. For the most part we had a fun time. Friday was the only day that was really bad weather and it's just because it was so dang windy. Tanner and I rode up in the Motor Home with my dad and let me tell you a few times I seriously thought we were going off the road due to the wind. We were all so happy to finally be safely at the campground. In the wind the motor home lives up to it's name-"The WHITE KNUCKLE EXPRESS".
We did lots of fishing and mostly had good luck.
On Saturday I thought I was doing good when I reeled in the first fish of the day a giant 2 pounder.
But then Landon caught this 3 pounder.
Ad my Dad caught a nice 4 pounder. They put my little 2 pound fish to shame.
Landon the kids and I went on a 4 wheeler ride on Saturday which was pretty fun. We were able to see these Pelican's up close.

The kids didn't really get into the fishing but they had tons of fun running around the beach and campground with their cousins sword fighting and collecting rocks and other treasures in their buckets. When Chloe got home and emptied her bucket I found among other things a pair of toenail clippers, a pair of broken sunglasses, a huge screw, a much much more.

It was nice spending time with all the family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great,wish I could have been along.
Love you guys and girls.
Dave E