Wednesday, August 19, 2009

TRUE STORY

Okay so yesterday I took some waterballoons to scouts with us thinking they would be a fun and seemingly harmless way for the boys to have fun. Let's just say my plan backfired.
Landon being the good sport that he is told the boys they could use him as a target so we let them see how far away he could get and they could still hit him, he would move back a little every time they hit him. Towards the end though he started throwing them back and of course it turned into a waterfight. Here's the un-believable part. One of the boys throws a balloon at Tanner it doesn't pop, so Tanner joining in the fun picks it back up and throws it at the boy-it pops! At this point the boy just gets this look of pure evil on his face and starts yelling and running towards Tanner. I am thinking WHAT THE HECK!. Then he gets to Tanner and just starts punching him as hard as he can, Tanner is just trying to get away. I at that point lost it and started yelling at the kid and had to go pry him off of Tanner. Yeah and there is a cop sitting right there in the parking lot watching the whole thing-due to the fact that a couple of youth who were using the church as well decided to prank call the police. We finally got the situation diffused, but boy was I upset. I mean yeah this kid might have some problems, but nothing more than any other kid, and why would he think it is alright to ever act like that. EVER!!
I later told Tanner that I was glad he turned the other check, but I didn't pay for 3 years of Karate and almost a black belt for him to take that. I told him he was never to let someone hit him like that again-he was to defend himself at all costs. OKAY so am I a bad parent to tell him this?

4 comments:

mandy85 said...

That is so crazy I wish Tanner would have fought back and kick that little kids butt.

Anonymous said...

Give me that kids name and address,
I will take care of this problem
Grandpa Dave

Kaysie said...

OH MAN!

Anonymous said...

Tanner trying not to fight is great, but if someone won't stop, DROP'EM.
No blood, No foul!