Sunday, January 26, 2014

Basketball Season

Basketball Season is in full swing around here. Tanner and Chloe are both playing again.
I am coaching Chloe's team-they are THE HEAT. It is interesting coaching 9 girls, sometimes practices can be a challenge, but all in all I enjoy it and really like the girls + I love basketball. Landon says I do better when I coach Chloe's teams then when I am on the sidelines-LOL. They play games every Tuesday at 5 and we practice Friday afternoons at 3:30. They have had two games so far this year.Chloe is doing really well and I can already seen an improvement in her ball handling skills from last year. She is still as aggressive as ever and is getting steals and rebounds like nobody else during her games. She has scored at least on basket in every game. Her second game was a tough one it was back and forth the whole game with who was in the lead. At the very end Chloe's team ended up losing by about 4 points. She was so upset that on the way home she was just crying and so upset. I think it's because she is so into the game and so aggressive that it was just hard on her. She was like I just don't know what's wrong with me-why am I crying-LOL poor girl! The sad thing is that it's not going to get any better I can still remember bus rides home with the basketball team after losing a tough game and their were girls who were angry and girls who were crying_HAHA it has only begun.


Tanner is also playing. He has had 2 games so far this year, but the 1st one we were out of town for, so he has only played one. That one his team won, by quite a bit. We actually felt kind of bad for the other team-I think they only score a few baskets total. Tanner is number 20 in a blue jersey...
 Every-time I see Tanner play I just am amazed at how far he has come. He has gotten way more aggressive and will drive the ball in. He is also just  a smart player he knows how and when to pass or when to drive or shoot. He doesn't always get a good hard grip on a rebound or jump-ball but he is at least in there fighting for them. A few years ago I thought basketball wouldn't really be his thing, but now I think he will do well with it. He says he would like to try out for the Freshmen Team next year-so we will see how that goes when the time comes.


No comments: