Tuesday, August 14, 2012

First Day of School

The kids started school yesterday which means that I started back to work as well. I can't believe that I have a 3rd grader and a 7th grader-WOW! Next year Tanner will be in Junior High and that is sad-haha. Chloe was so excited to start, Tanner was trying to act like he didn't want to go back but deep down I know he is glad to be back. My theory was proven when he got home from school yesterday and he really seemed quite happy about things. He even was getting his binder and planner all organized without me telling him to, as well as doing the little bit of homework he had. The thing Chloe was most excited about was the fact that she has nice girls in her class this year and a real (heavy) mathbook. She actually brought it home last night because we were supposed to cover it but then she did some problems out of it just for fun.

They both must have been excited to go back today because they were outside waiting for their carpool and I went out to check on them and they were gone. I saw the carpool van driving off down the road. So excited they didn't even holler in the door bye Mom or Love You or anything.

I am happy to be back to work as well. I am still battling nausea which is no fun, but I keep hoping I will get over it soon, but I really do love the kids I work with so I guess it's worth it. I'm working more hours as well this year so we'll see how that goes.


No comments: