Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentines

Well I'm a whole week late again on my post but here it is anyway.
The week before Valentines Day Chloe asked Landon to make her a dolphin Valentine box. My suggestion was that he just slap a few pictures of dolphins onto a shoebox and call it good. However being the Dad that he is that just wouldn't do. He went and bought the supplies to construct a paper-mache dolphin. Complete with all the features of a real dolphin including the blow hole. Chloe was so excited and so proud to take her dolphin to school on Valentines Day:) She has such a good daddy :)

Tanner gave out Mad Lib Valentines...(His said things like-I am MAD about you; You have MAD skills; I can't LIB without you) Funny story when Tanner was ready to leave for school I told him that he looked really nice and to have fun at the Valentines dance. He almost had a heart attack right there and I had to promise him there was no dance to get him out the door to school-lol. You see the sixth grade is having there first dance the last day of school and Tanner is already planning on reasons for him to not go to school that day-he really is not looking forward to it. Poor Kid.

Chloe gave out these...
Here are the ones I made for the kids I work with (Thanks Taryn for the link)...

Landon and I like to just spend Valentines at home with each other and the kids, because if you try to go anywhere it is crazy busy. So we ordered Chili's in and I made us these special treats. They were so yummy!

I love my family and my life!

2 comments:

Taryn said...

Wow! That Landon is quite the crafty guy isn't he? That is awesome! I bet it was the best one in the class. The kids' Valentines were cute. The Mad Libs were a really good idea. Did he give out the whole book or just a page?

Tia said...

Just one sheet rolled around a mechanical pencil with the note tied to it :)