Saturday, September 10, 2011

Strep Throat and Soccer

On Thursday morning Chloe was complaining that she didn't feel well and she had a sore throat I thought it was just one of those back to school colds so I didn't pay much attention to it. Then Thursday afternoon she called from school still not feeling well so I went to get her. After spending a short time with her I could tell she was pretty sick. She was just laying down, not talking or moving much at all and she kept falling asleep. So unlike our little girl. She also kept getting pretty bad spells of the chills. Finally after talking to Landon when he got home we decided I shouldn't wait until morning to take her in. I took her to the doctor and it only took them long enough to run the strep test and take her temperature to let us know that she definitely had strep throat. So I went and got her a prescription and gave it to her and put her to bed. The next day she was definitely on the mend and in fact was almost back to a hundred percent the next afternoon. Lets just say it wasn't the relaxing day sitting on the coach I thought it was going to be-it takes a lot to keep that girl down and once she felt better it was full bore the rest of the day. She even said to me that she should have gone to school and then kept asking if she could go to the park and practice soccer.


Today only two days after being so sick Chloe had her first soccer game of the fall season. You wouldn't have been able to tell that she had been sick at all if you would have seen her playing. She scored two goals and played her little heart out. She was an awesome defender and had the assist on a lot of the goals our team made. Our team ended up wining 10-2. I say our team because yes I am the coach again. By the way our team is called the Purple Comets.

1 comment:

mandy85 said...

You look so cute Chloe..