Friday, April 29, 2011

Houston we have a Hamster Problem

So when Chloe's first got her hamster Landon would tell me horror stories of how when they were younger how their hamsters would always escape and be running around the house wildly. Chewing holes in things and such. I was positive that would never happen to us since we have a hard plastic cage impossible for a hamster to chew threw or escape from or so I thought. Apparently the last time Chloe got the hamster out she didn't shut the door tight on the top of the cage so the hamster was able to push it open and escape.
I didn't realize this until this morning I took the neighbor boy in to let him feed the hamster and guess what there was no hamster to feed. Yeah I freaked out just a little bit. I called Landon to tell him the story and he mentioned that Licorice had been barking wildly by the pantry this morning and I might want to investigate. So I opened the pantry and there sat the hamster, happy as could be, luckily it didn't run from me but just let me scoop it right up and deposit it back in it's cage. I made sure the door was shut tightly this time. LOL

No comments: