Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Mom of The Year I am Not

Yesterday I was looking at my email for a few minutes before I got the kids up for school-I noticed an email from one of Chloe's teachers reminding the students to bring back their improved instruments, which they had made, for a final grade. Oh wait you mean the instrument that was now in my dumpster. The instrument I had thrown away since I can't stand clutter. The instrument that I would now go and dig out of the trash and hope for the best. Well I dug it out and cloroxed it off and then I wrote a note to Chloe's teacher explaining the situation. I asked Chloe if she just wanted to leave it home and just take the note since it was unsalvageable. She said with a smile on her face and a little bit of a laugh in her voice that no she wanted to take it in for proof as to what I had done. Well at least she wasn't yelling at me and crying right?!
Today I got the kids up only to realize there was no breakfast food-no cereal, no eggs, no bread. There was no time for pancakes-so I quickly walked to Harmons and grabbed a few items so they could have breakfast. When was the last time I went to the grocery store?! I guess it's time to make a stock up trip. At least the kids were happy with their Star Wars Cereal and no one went to school hungry.
So I definitely won't be winning any Mom of the year awards anytime soon, but at least I am trying and my kids seem happy and healthy so I guess that is what really matters.

No comments: