Sunday, September 27, 2015

A Quick Trip

I'm going to try and catch up my blog a little bit, so the next few posts are about a week old.

Last week my Sister Mandy had surgery. They had found a cantaloupe size hernia that needed to be removed.They also sewed the muscles in her stomach up since they had all completely torn from the birth of the twins and then the hernia It was hard cause she has Hanxton and she isn't supposed to bend down to pick him up for awhile, plus the recovery is long and painful, but will be worth it in the end. So I decided I would go up and try to help her out for a few days.

On Wednesday we dropped the kids off at school and then Bryce and I headed to Mandy's. Bryce made sure we had the essentials packed, which included lots and lots of dinosaurs.

He was such a good traveler and kept himself entertained the whole way there (just over two hours). I was worried cause after getting being at Mandy's for a few hours we then loaded up again to drive her to a doctor appointment in Provo (another two hours). However, he did great. When we got back to Fillmore Cody was home from work so Bryce and I headed down to Flowell to Spend some time. Even though it was getting dark and was pretty cold, compared to St. George, the first thing Bryce wanted to do when we got there was go outside and play. He jumped on the trampoline, went down the slide, and of course spent lots of time on his favorite horse swing. I finally dragged him in and he had fun playing with the toys before bedtime.





The next morning he was able to see Grandma Wendy for a few hours before she went to work (she had been out of town taking Grandpa to a doctor appointment the night before). It took him a few minutes but he warmed up to her.

Then we went down to Mandy's for the day. It was nice getting away and spending a few days with my sister. Even better we also got to spend a few days with Grandma Marshall, who is living in Fillmore for a few months. Bryce was so happy; he has been missing her so much. Plus a little visit to Grandma Wendy's made for a fun trip even though it wasn't necessarily for fun why we went. I was pretty worn out by the time we got home Thursday night, so Bryce and I both had an early bedtime.

No comments: