Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Swim Team

Chloe decided she wanted to be on the swim team this year. I thought it was a great idea, because it is four mornings a week, and I thought that this would be a great way to burn off some of her energy each day, thus keeping us both sane over the summer.
Tuesday morning they had "tryouts" to see where every swimmer was at and to place them in the right groups. Chloe was quite disappointed that she was assigned to the beginning rather than the advanced group. Not that she isn't a great and strong swimmer it's just that she needs work on some of the racing fundamentals like breathing, etc. Plus she has never done anything like this before and it takes time to learn a new skill. Landon and I both had to reassure her, and now she seems okay. She did awesome today at her first day of practice. This afternoon she kept asking me if she had swim team tomorrow so I think that she is going to like it. She is also way excited for her first swim meet which happens to be on her birthday. 
Here is a picture of her in her swim uniform-complete with goggles and swim cap. 
I think she looks so cute. When we first put the swim cap on her she told me that she looked ugly-haha, awhile later she said I guess it's kind of cute.

1 comment:

Abby and Brenda said...

She does look cute! That's great that they have something like that down there - she will do so well with it!