Monday, May 14, 2012

Cotton Days Field Trip

The 2nd Grade went on a field trip last Friday for Cotton Days. It is a fun thing that Washington City puts on for all second graders where they learn about the history of the pioneers and growing cotton. They learn about weaving, farming, making soap, etc. I have a little boy in Chloe's class who I work with, so sometimes I am able to get clearance to attend the fun things with her class. That makes it nice because I get to work and have fun at the same time, plus I don't miss out on all of Chloe's class activities. The kids had a blast as you can tell from this pict-lol.
During the presentation on making fire one of the mom's told me to keep a close eye on Chloe at home because she was watching the presentation very intently and I just might find the house on fire.

One of the kids in the class had a birthday that day so a very smart mother brought popsicles for their birthday treat. They were just what the kids needed after a long hot day.

No comments: