Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Busy Busy Saturday

Here is what our weekend consisted of: The Hershey Track Meet, 2 Baseball Games, a soccer game, a birthday party for my niece and nephew, and The Youth Spectacular. The first event started at 8:45 in the morning and the last one ended at 10:00 at night, so we were gone ALL DAY LONG! 
Sometimes  I feel like we work harder on Saturdays than on any other day of the week I can't wait to be able to have a Saturday just to relax-I'm so looking forward to Memorial Day and I think more to the fact that we decided to just go camping instead of to a ball tournament.
Tanner did a good job in the track meet. He jumped 6 feet 3 inches. That put him in about 31st place out of about 80-90 kids. I think the winner jumped 7 feet 6 inches or something like that.
Chloe's team had an awesome game. They won 10-0, and the best part was is that every girl on the team made a goal, something that rarely happens. It was fun for them. Then only downside me and the other teams coach had a little tiff. To bad Landon wasn't there to referee, I guess that's what happens when you have two type A personalities out there running the game and no ref's. I do feel a little bad about how things ended, hopefully we can work things out, as we play each other again this Saturday. Unless  of course they decide just to forfeit ;)
Tanner's team ended up losing their first game in overtime and then losing the second by a few points. They are doing great though and have improved so much from a year ago. The plus side is that they got some really nice looking new uniforms. Look how dirty Tanner is in the video-Landon was taking some footage of him pitching so they could watch it later and work on some things. I found out one of the reasons Landon pushes Tanner so hard in baseball is that he wants him to be good enough at something that he will play on the high school teams and it will keep him busy so that he doesn't have time to or doesn't want to ruin things by doing drugs or drinking. I think that is great, and now I can see why he spends the amount of time he does with him every single day-practicing.
The Youth Spectacular was awesome! We were glad we got to go.
It was a long day, but it was good!

1 comment:

Abby and Brenda said...

Aiden loved seeing Tanner pitch in that video - he keeps asking to watch it over and over again! And Jack would be so jealous of how dirty Tanner's pants are. He is dying to wear the white pants I got for him so he can get them nice and dirty (an thereby look really cool)!