Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Teacher Appreciation Week-SUPER HERO THEME

Last week was Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week at George Washington Academy. I was in charge once again-haha-it was my fifth year being in charge, it is a joke among the staff that I will always be in charge and can't ever stop doing it. Really though in all reality I love planning it-this is my event-I don't want to turn it over to anyone else at least not yet.
Anyways we went with a super hero theme. I was so glad to have my sister in law on board cause I could come up with an idea and send it to her and she could bring it to life with her digital designs. I also had tons of people on my committee who just did such a great job getting donations, making phone calls, putting together handouts, decorating doors, bringing in treats for the staff, and much much more. We couldn't have done it without them. I think it turned out really great and the staff all expressed just how much they enjoyed it. Here are some of the things we did during the week.
Letter that was sent to the students...
Invitation that we sent out and hung up at the school for the staff members...
Our daily handouts went with the theme as well...
Monday's Handout-superhero sucker...

 Tuesday-super power drops
 Wednesday-was a super charged energy source (aka-Swig Gift Card)
 Thursday-secret identity bars
 Friday-we printed and framed them each one of these...
For the staff members that aren't actually teachers is said..."not all superheros wear capes"
We also did a contest and chose several winners each day. I made short and fun super hero themed slide for each day to announce the contest winners. The students and teachers thought it was great.
Everyone who entered the contest got one of these-the had a gift card to SMASH BURGER with them
Some of the decor...Landon made this sign for me.
One of the parent volunteers decorated the teachers lounge and principals doors in correspondence with the theme-it was awesome....

 On Friday we served all the staff a "SouPER-LUNCH" (soup, salad, and bread-sticks)
The week was fun, it turned out great, but really glad to have it over and be able to kick my feet up-oh wait I'm a Mom I guess that won't be happening. It was especially hard cause my whole family was hit with the flu starting Sunday night, so especially the first part of the week was kind of rough, but we pulled it off :)
Thank you everyone who helped and especially thank you Brenda for all of my last minute-wait just one more thing texts that I sent to you.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

This is all awesome! Nice job Tia (and Brenda). That was a lot of work. I bet the teachers appreciated it.