Sunday, January 31, 2016

Basketball Season Part 1

I can't believe the basketball season is almost over and I have yet to do a post. Chloe's team this year is called the Thunder. I am the coach. We actually have a pretty good little team. Chloe's BFF Brydee is on the team as well as another girl who is on her competitive soccer team. In all we have 10 girls on our team. It's a fun group.
Our team is having a great season. We have played 6 games so far this season. We have won 3 and tied 1. We have had two loses, but they were both super close. One the score was 0-4 and the other was 12-13. One thing my team can really do is defend. We are working on learning to pick, do the pick and roll, as well as good passing and ball control. Chloe is having a great season. She leads our team in scoring. She mostly plays point guard. She has great ball handling skills and she pays attention to the game-she knows when to drive it to the hole and when to pass if off. She is also super aggressive. The ref a few times has told her to calm down a little bit and also once asked our team to back off a little bit when we were beating another team pretty badly. Sometimes Chloe gets frustrated that her team mates aren't as serious or dedicated as she is. LOL-oh Chloe girl! That's why we love her. Several times this year coaches and parents from the other teams as well as ours have complimented Chloe on what a good ball player she is. I can't say the girls from the other teams share the feeling though and a few times they have been downright rude to her. I told her she had just better get used to it.


 
One thing I hate about being the coach is I haven't gotten a lot of good pictures. I am too busy yelling a my team to take the time to take photos-haha! Landon tries to get a few shots each game and he is pretty good at taking videos at least.
 
Here is a shot of my team. (not sure what Chloe is doing)

No comments: