Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Super Saturday Craft Fail

I got thrown into a committee for Relief Society and we had a meeting about a Super Saturday event they wanted to host. They wanted us to each come up with a craft in 3 days so they could put out a flyer and have people sign up. I didn't have time to do a lot of research or make something that was going to be a lot of prep work for me, so I found a website that offered Super Saturday crafts. I found one I liked, got it approved, and then ordered 15. I ordered them prior to selling them so they would have time to get cut out and shipped, plus I thought I should be able to sale most of them and maybe give the rest away as gifts.

Well first off, I thought they were bigger than they were looking at the picture, so that was my first fail. Second, only 3 sold-3! Also, mostly my fault, but they wanted a display one and I just quickly painted a couple and they weren't anything to rave about, afterwards I painted and modge podged a few more sets and they were much better.

So now, not only am I stuck with a bunch of pumpkin I am also stuck with the bill. It's super frustrating!!! Plus I have seen several things since then that would have been so much better.
Next time, if there is a next time I hope they give us at least a month to come up with something. I think that way I wouldn't have felt so much stress and pressure and would have been able to pull something off. Also hopefully by then I have a feel for the ward a little bit more and would be able to more accurately judge what people might buy.
Lesson Learned and it wasn't a cheap one!

No comments: