Monday, November 6, 2017

Deer Hunt

It is a tradition for Landon to go hunting with his brothers and friends every year. They ride horses to the top of Fillmore mountain and camp out for several days. It is a big production. As the kids get older they are welcome to go if they want. Last year both Tanner and Chloe went. This year only Chloe did. I don't really think Tanner enjoyed it much-camping and roughing it just isn't really his thing. This year Chloe actually had a deer tag. She didn't end up shooting anything or even shooting at anything, partly because she stressed herself out beforehand worrying that she was going to scope herself, and then just couldn't pull the trigger. Despite that she had so much fun, in fact she begged Landon to let her stay longer, or at least take her back the following weekend. That girl love the mountains and really anything to do with the outdoors and nature!
Chloe graciously sent me some pictures. 





Even though I don't really enjoy going. I'm glad this is something Landon enjoys doing with the kids and his family. I'm just happy to be home in my nice cozy bed, with a good book, and maybe some sort of yummy food. Although Landon and Chloe both claim they ate really well at camp. I'm glad they had fun and made some good memories together. Even though Landon couldn't walk for a few days after they got back-HA!


No comments: